Introduction: This course list is to help plan your study abroad program. The courses on the list have been approved by the Vice Chair of the Economics Department in the past 4 years. Courses not on the list require additional documentation for review.
- Check the list for courses that have been pre-approved by the UC San Diego Department of Economics (updated yearly).
- List all courses you plan to take on your Academic Planning Form (APF) for review and prescreening.
- If a course(s) is not in the list, please submit course description(s), with your APF, for review.
- Please note: review process can take between 5-10 business days.
- Be sure to save the syllabi and course work for ALL classes, whether or not they have been pre-approved. VC Famulari reviews ALL coursework to determine
- whether the class should stay on our pre-approved list.
- whether the class should be added to our pre-approved list.
Disclaimer: Failure to prescreen courses not on list may result in no major or minor credit for these courses.
Key: (VC Famulari will use this language to review the courses presented)
- Yes – course approved as credit.
- VC Famulari will indicate how course will be accepted. Example: “ECON 1” or “UD Econ Elective”
- No – course not approved for economics credit
- Need more info – if you still plan to take the course, VC Famulari recommends providing her with the syllabus as soon as possible.