Knight-Hennessy Scholars @ Stanford Univ. Information Session at UC San Diego – April 18, 2017 from 12 – 1 p.m.11 Apr
2017 Triton Spring Career Fair
Wednesday, April 12, 2017, from 10:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Price Center Ballroom East & West
Meet face-to-face with employers seeking to hire you! Now’s your chance to make valuable contacts, learn inside information (the stuff you can’t always find online), and leave behind an impression that employers will remember! Make sure to download the UC San Diego Career Fair App to prepare.
Triton Alliance members recruiting Social Sciences, Arts & Humanities, and Rady School of Management students and alumni:
- Consolidated Electrical Distributors
- Foresters Financial
- MUFG Union Bank
- City Year
- Peace Corps
Additional employers recruiting Social Sciences, Arts & Humanities, and Rady School of Management students and alumni:
- Ambry Genetics
- American Language Institute
- AMN Healthcare
- Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Aya Healthcare
- Balboa Capital Corporation
- Becker Professional Education
- Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies
- BofI Federal Bank
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Carling Communications
- Collabera Inc
- County of San Diego
- DirectEd Educational Services
- Easterseals Southern California
- EMR Direct
- Fund for Public Interest Research
- Insight Global, Inc
- Kelly Scientific
- Modern Woodmen of America
- Mountbatten Institute
- Naval Surface Warfare Center Port Hueneme Division
- Navy Systems Management Activity
- Nextech, Inc.
- Niagara Bottling, LLC
- Northwestern Mutual
- OneMain Financial
- Pacific Islands Club Guam
- Polytenna Technologies Inc.
- Robert Half
- San Bernardino Probation
- San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
- San Diego County Sheriff’s Department
- SeaWorld San Diego
- Sharp HealthCare
- The Behemoth
- The Furer Group
- The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI)
- This Bar Saves Lives
- Triage Consulting Group
- TriTech Software Systems
- S. Marine Corps Officer Selection Office
- UC San Diego Police Department
- UCSD – Temporary Employment Services
- UCSD Telephone Outreach Program (T.O.P.)
- UTC Aerospace Systems
- Wawanesa General Insurance
- West Marine
- Youth Policy Institute
Apply for the position: https://frb.taleo.net/careersection/10jresearch/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=249981
Career Opportunities for Statistical Assistant at Mathematica Policy Research
Mathematica is a nationally recognized research organization that conducts social policy studies on disability, early childhood, education, family support, health, labor, nutrition, and international issues. Our mission is to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the work we do for our clients, which include federal, state, and local government agencies, as well as private foundations.
We are looking for an entry-level statistical assistant in our Washington D.C. office. Assistants support all statistical activities including survey sampling, data analysis, and project management. The contributions of our statistical assistants underpin our company’s core offerings in program evaluation and data analytics, which yield crucial evidence and information for policy and decision makers.
Mathematica offers our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package. We provide generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and an on-site fitness center.
Statistical assistants contribute throughout the course of a project on the following:
Perform literature searches, reviews, and abstract articles
Compile and track datasets
Perform data analyses during R, SAS, or Stata
Summarize results using descriptive statistics, tables, and data visualizations
Assist with writing reports and memos
Bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic record, including courses in statistics, economics, mathematics, social science, or computer science
Academic or work experience performing data analysis using a statistical computer package, including R, SAS, or Stata
Strong organizational and communication skills
Ability to work independently and in a dynamic, interdisciplinary teams
Please attach your cover letter, resume, and transcripts (unofficial are acceptable). You will be asked to attach these materials during the online application process. The direct apply URL for this position is:
To learn more about the program: http://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/economics/graduate/ma.html
Frontier Group uses the power of ideas and information to achieve a cleaner environment and a fairer and more democratic society.
We produce timely, high-quality research reports on the nation’s pressing challenges: environmental protection, sustainable energy, good government and more. We help shape effective public policy strategies that address those problems. And we work to make sure the public and decision-makers hear our message through the media.
As a policy associate, you will:
- Write compelling reports on social problems and solutions, using a variety of methodologies including literature reviews and data analysis.
- Help advocates in the field craft a message that will change minds, spur action and generate media attention.
- Write op-eds, blog entries and journal articles that insert our findings into the public debate.
- Participate in trainings, presentations and panels.
- Learn the skills of canvassing and managing a fundraising operation, and run a canvass office for a partner organization during the summer months.
- Learn recruiting skills and participate in recruiting new Frontier Group staff
Location: Denver, CO, Boston, MA, and Santa Barbara, CA
Apply Today! Go to http://workforprogress.org/apply/?pos=Policy+Associate&org=Frontier+Group&id=101 to submit a resume, cover letter with references, and writing sample. In your cover letter, please be sure to mention where you saw our job advertised and what location you are interested in.
Apply for this position HERE.