Economic Research Analyst
The Jerome Levy Forecasting Center LLC (www.levyforecast.com) is a 60-year-old macroeconomic research and consulting company. It conducts unique, financially-oriented analysis and provides insights to an elite clientele of financial institutions, fund managers, and nonfinancial firms. It also manages money directly.
The Jerome Levy Forecasting Center seeks applications for the position of Economic Research Analyst from outstanding individuals pursuing a career in economics or finance.
– Work as part of a team of economists engaged in collecting and analyzing data and forecasting macroeconomic and financial conditions
– Contribute to writing, editing, and producing research publications and client presentations
– Assist with research for the firm’s managed investment portfolio
– Bachelor’s degree or higher in economics or related field with extensive economics coursework
– Outstanding academic record from high-ranking institution(s)
– High degree of competency at mathematics and data analysis
– Strong communication skills and, especially, excellent writing and editing skills
– Flexibility in working in rapidly changing environment with shifting priorities and deadlines
– Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively
– Computer literacy
Experience with any of the following is a plus (but not required):
– Working experience in economics, banking, finance, business research, or related areas
– Tracking and analyzing macroeconomic data
– Writing for a professional audience
– Conducting investment research
– Marketing, sales, or managing client relationships
– Website development or other computer programming skills
– Social media and web video creation
– Interacting with high-level finance professionals
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, capable of deep critical thinking, intellectually curious, and a creative thinker. He or she will be comfortable working in a variety of capacities to help the organization achieve its goals.
The Jerome Levy Forecasting Center is an intimate and intellectually challenging work environment. The Economic Research Analyst will work closely with all members of the research staff on a daily basis and will be deeply involved in the forecasting process. The research is not “mindless number crunching” but rather both quantitative and qualitative in nature, covering macroeconomic data, press reports, industry publications, academic research, Wall Street analysis, and financial market data.
Competitive salary and benefits
Growth potential within the firm
The Jerome Levy Forecasting Center is located in Mt. Kisco, New York, a suburb of New York City and a reasonable commute from Manhattan via train.
Applications should be sent via email to email@example.com, or by postal mail to:
The Jerome Levy Forecasting Center LLC
69 South Moger Avenue, Suite 202
Mt. Kisco, New York 10549
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications should include:
– Cover letter describing the applicant’s career goals, interest in the position, and qualifications, including relevant work experience and/or coursework
– Undergraduate GPA and graduate GPA, if any
– A writing sample
– Contact information for three references
For further information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.