JMI Equity is currently offering a paid internship for rising sophomores, juniors or seniors who are interested in exploring a finance career and who can work 10-15 hours per week during the school year. There will also be an opportunity to extend into a full-time 2016 summer internship position, if mutually desired.
Interested students can log in to Port Triton: https://ucsd-csm.symplicity.com/students/index.php?mode=form&id=710667653cb428932b7c9dd7dcbf059c&s=jobs&ss=jobs for more information and to apply.
Altegris is a pre-eminent provider of alternative investments. Our mission is to find the best alternative investment managers and bring them to our clients through alternative mutual funds, private funds, and futures managed accounts. Our suite of products is sold through the intermediary channel, including wirehouses, independent broker/dealers, bank trusts, and registered investment advisors. We also have a robust Private Client Group that works directly with high net worth individuals and family offices. We pride ourselves on our people and are strongly committed to our company motto: Trusted Alternatives. Intelligent Investing.
Altegris is searching for talented, motivated Interns to be part of our Research team. The right candidate must have the temperament to thrive in our high-velocity, demanding business culture and enjoy interacting with high-octane, committed co-workers who enjoy working together, value collaboration, and are passionate about providing our clients with access to what we believe are some of the best investment managers in the alternatives industry.
- Data formatting, scrubbing and entry
- Working with spreadsheet and databases, including:
- Identifying duplicate records and cleaning them up
- Searching contacts on external websites to find, update and verify data
- Verifying data and completing projects via cross-departmental collaboration
- Organizing files
- Providing “white-glove” service to internal and external customers
- Printing and aggregating materials for meetings
- Handling various administrative tasks
- Attention to detail
- Accuracy in data input
- Organizational abilities
- Customer service orientation
- Strong ability to:
- Take initiative
- Work both independently and take direction
- Work and thrive in a team environment, including working collaboratively with others
- Perform successfully under pressure and meet deadlines
- Software versatility
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Word and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Adept at learning new software
- Work experience
- An interest in financial services
This is a part-time position (10-20 hours/week) during the school year and full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer. Compensation = $12/hour.
Altegris prides itself on its people. We are looking for entrepreneurial, motivated team members and are committed to providing an environment where our employees can excel. We invite you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diseño Communications (http://www.diseno.com/) would like to hire a UCSD student to do social media and marketing for them. They are looking for an upper classman who is looking to get into marketing but is comfortable in social media and able to operate with fairly independently. The work is around helping them think through their positioning in each social media channel and reestablishing a brand presence on social media. Their Senior VP is directly involved with the recruitment and is happy to mentor the intern in the industry.
If interested in this position, please email Brandon Buzbee, email@example.com.
Jr. Media Buyer — SKT Marketing – San Diego, CA
SKT Marketing is looking for a creative and analytical Jr. Media Buying Intern with an Economics, Finance, Business Management, Marketing, or Mathematics background to join our growing Media Buying team. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who’s shown an interest in online advertising, and is looking to get a foot in the door to work with developing brands.
- Create, set-up and monitor advertising campaigns
- Analyze your media buys and associated metrics on a daily basis to ensure profitability.
- Proactively optimize your media buys by adjusting advertisements (creative) and all other levers at your disposal such as: cpcs, placements, geo-targeting, device, etc. to ensure that profitability goals are met.
- Work closely with ad production and media buying team to communicate findings
- Marketing, Advertising, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Or Business Management Background
- Knowledge of online advertising, media buying and search marketing metrics
- Ability to analyze performance data and create actionable next steps.
- Hunger for success and learning
- A Curious Nature
- Pro-active Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Web Saavy
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a larger team
- Online Marketing Experience
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Previous Online Marketing Experience
About SKT Marketing:
SKT Marketing is a 5 year old up and coming digital marketing company. We are a small team that produces BIG results. We operate and manage over 30 websites totaling over 150M monthly page views.
80% of Health Insurance Covered
Kitchen loaded with snacks
Free Parking Included
Recently Named One By The SDBJ as one of San Diego’s Fastest Growing Businesses
Please reply with a detailed resume, cover letter explaining why this job is good for you. Please include any links to social media presence you have and pertinent work that can demonstrate why you would be a good fit for the job. Please forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
ECON 120B has been added to Summer Session 2
Due to popular demand, this class has just been added to the UCSD Summer Session 2 schedule.
Section ID # 853352
Lecture: T/TH 11:00-1:50pm
Discussion: W 2:00-3:50pm
Instructor: Augusto Nieto-Barthaburu
The Econ 120B class for Fall 2015 is full with a large waitlist, so if you need this class, please sign up to take it in summer!