Career Services is leading the way with a new Job and Internship Fair on October 23rd (Science and Technology Fair is October 22nd). A list of companies recruiting Economics and Management Science majors at the upcoming Fall Fair on Thursday, 10/23/14, from 10:30-3:30 p.m. at the PC West Ballroom is below. Take a look!
Employers will be able to access Talented and Occupationally Prepared (TOP) students from 10-10:30 a.m. prior to the Fair. See more details about T.O.P. and the Fall Job and Internship Fair at career.ucsd.edu!
- BofI Federal Bank
- California State Auditor
- Consolidated Electrical Distributors
- Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
- Pacific Gas & Electric Company
- Triage Consulting
- Union Bank
- UTC Aerospace Systems
Save the dates for the upcoming information sessions and events targeting Economics and Management Science students:
- TBD – Meet the Firms Prep Workshop
- Tuesday, 10/14, 5-6:30 p.m., Career Services Center, Round Room – Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Info Session
- Thursday, 10/16, 5-8 p.m., PC East Ballroom – Meet the Firms
- Thursday, 10/16, 6-8 p.m., Career Services Center, Horizon Room (TBC) – Analytics Event
- Tuesday, 10/21, 12-3 p.m., Career Services Center, Horizon Room – Fall Resume Critique Marathon
- Tuesday, 10/28, 5-6:30 p.m., Career Services Center, Horizon Room – CIA Info Session
- Wednesday, 10/29, 5-6:30 p.m., Career Services Center, Horizon Room – Triage Consulting Group Info Session
- Thursday, 10/30, 5-6:30 p.m., Career Services Center, Horizon Room – LinkedIn GSO Info Session
- Tuesday, 11/18, 5-6:30 p.m., Career Services Center, Horizon Room – U.S. Securities and Exchange Info Session
- Thursday, 11/20, 5-6:30 p.m., Career Services Center, Horizon Room – U.S. Securities and Exchange Info Session
For details, visit: http://career.ucsd.edu/
Debate: End of the Chinese Economic Miracle
No prior experience with debate is necessary to participate. We hope to assemble a diverse set of student speakers and encourage all UCSD students to apply. Please see this as an opportunity to work closely with two of the nation’s leading China experts and a chance to learn more about the topic of debate. We encourage those students interested in participating in the debate to apply by sending an email to China Focus <irpschinafocus@gmail> with the following information by Wednesday October 1.
Subject: China Debate
1) One paragraph personal biography (if selected this will be included on the event program)
2) One paragraph about your views on the motion
3) One paragraph about any relevant prior experiences
We will screen your applications and notify you of your team assignment by Monday October 6. Once selected, we encourage you to meet as a team, research the topic thoroughly, and develop a case in consultation with the team captains. Since there are multiple rounds of debate, we encourage each team to think strategically about the order of speakers and about where the team captain should be in the rotation.
The White House Council of Economic Advisers (CEA) is currently looking for top students to participate in our spring 2015 internship program. In the past, interns have been closely involved in all areas of CEA’s work, including researching issues related to policy, gathering data and academic literature, performing econometric analysis, and presenting analysis through charts and written products. Because CEA is a small organization with wide-ranging responsibilities, the internship experience is substantive and challenging.
Internship positions in the spring can be either full- or part-time.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until October 31st.
Details on the application process can be found on our website: http://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/eop/cea/jobs/internships