|Apply now for our 2017 Goldman Sachs Diversity Cornerstones!
Goldman Sachs invites you to join us this spring to get to know the people, culture and business of our firm through our diversity cornerstones. Our interactive programs are designed to provide exposure to the numerous career paths available in the financial services industry while honing the skills that will set you up for success as you explore future opportunities. Participants will enjoy skill-building workshops, group activities and networking opportunities with professionals at the firm.
Applications are now open on our careers website under the “Register for Upcoming Events” link. Goldman Sachs will provide domestic travel within the U.S. and hotel accommodations for invited participants. You can apply for multiple programs, but may only be selected to attend one.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to the Diversity Recruiting team at
WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP CAMP
PROGRAM DATE: March 23-24
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, February 12 by 11:59 p.m. EST
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Applicants should be undergraduate female freshmen and sophomores
PROGRAM DATE: March 30-31
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, February 12 by 11:59 p.m. EST
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Applicants should be undergraduate freshmen and sophomores who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and/or Transgender.
PROGRAM DATE: May 15-16
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, April 9 by 11:59 p.m. EST
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Applicants should be black, Hispanic/Latino, Native American and/or first-generation* undergraduate freshmen and sophomores
PROGRAM DATE: Multiple dates
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Rolling application with deadline of Sunday, April 9 by 11:59 p.m. EST
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Undergraduate freshmen and sophomores
* At Goldman Sachs, you are considered a first-generation college student if none of your parents or guardians completed a post-secondary, 4-year degree program in the US, or an equivalent degree elsewhere.
Recruitment for 2015 Accounting Jobs & Internships starts this July. RSVP for the Summer Accounting Recruitment Readiness Workshops sponsored by the Big 4 Accounting Firms. These workshops are designed to help you transform yourself into the accounting-ready professional that large and mid-size firms are seeking and help you gain a competitive edge for the 2014-2015 accounting recruiting season (see important dates below).
Attend one of the all NEW recruitment readiness workshops and learn how to:
- Quickly and effectively communicate a clear professional objective in a way that meets a firm’s need;
- Share relevant experience in a clear, concise, and compelling way (and connect it to their targeted position);
- Carry an initial conversation with a firm associate or partner;
- Begin and end a conversation with a firm handshake and great eye contact.
- Enjoy a comfortable connection to you and your firm before Firm Tours (recruitment) begin
The workshops will take place on the following dates from 3-4:30 p.m. at the Career Services Center Horizon Room and will be co-facilitated by the following Big 4 Accounting Firms:
- Tuesday, July 8 – PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Tuesday, July 15 – Ernst &Young
- Tuesday, July 22 – Deloitte
- Thursday, July 24 – KPMG
Attend as many of these workshops as you would like! RSVP through Port Triton today!
Important Dates – Mark Your Calendars!
- Starting in July – Polish cover letter and resume; get it critiqued at the Career Services Center; and apply for Office Tours on Port Triton
- July 8, 15, 22, 24, from 3-4:30 p.m. – Attend Accounting Recruiting Readiness Workshops at the Career Services Center, Horizon Room
- Starting in August – Apply on Port Triton for Summer 2015 internship positions and Fall 2015 full-time positions*
- Monday, August 18 – Firm Office Tours begin
- Starting week of September 29 – Apply for on-campus interviews*
- Sometime between October 1-October 10 (TBA) – Attend the Meet the Firms Prep Workshop
- Wednesday, October 8 – Deadline to submit resumes for Meet the Firms Resume Book*
- Thursday, October 16, from 6-8 p.m. – Attend Meet the Firms at Price Center East Ballroom
- Monday, October 20-Friday, November 7 – On-Campus Interviews for internship and full-time positions*
- Friday, November 14 – First date for employers extend offer for full-time and summer internships
- Wednesday, November 26 -Sunday, November 30 – Quiet Period for Southern California offices: No calls or meetings with students allowed!
- Monday, December 1 – Offer acceptance deadline goal for full-time and internships
- Tuesday, December 2-Thursday, January 1 – Quiet Period for Southern California offices: No calls or meetings with students allowed!
*Before submitting resumes, application materials, or interviewing, consider connecting with a UCSD Career Advisor (appointments via Port Triton) or with alumni through the Alumni Advisor Network: career.ucsd.edu
The Career Services Center and the Department of Economics invites you to special workshop on Start-ups, facilitated by Gabe Hendel, Product Manager at Quixey.
What It’s Like to Work at a Successful Start-up… and Some Early Career Advice
When: Monday, November 18, from 4-5 p.m.
Where: Career Services Center, Horizon Room
Gabe Hendel is a Product Manager at Quixey, The Search Engine for Apps. As its fourth employee, Gabe has been integral in growing Quixey into a hundred-person start-up with $74.2M in funding. Gabe spearheaded the first Quixey website launch in June 2011. He was the first member of Quixey’s business development department, closing deals with international carriers, search engines and smartphone manufacturers like Sprint, Ask.com, and Starhub. After that, Gabe was the first member of the monetization products team, bringing the Quixey ad system to market. Gabe was a Joint Math/Econ major at UCSD. He enjoyed learning from the economics department, especially from his research into environmental contracts with Professor Watson.
Careers in Accounting Prep Workshop
Wednesday, 5/22/13, from 2-4 p.m.
Rady Multi Purpose Room 2
The Career Services Center, Rady School of Management, Department of Economics, and Undergraduate Accounting Society have come together to offer a Careers in Accounting Prep Workshop. Learn about careers options in accounting and avenues to distinguish yourself as an accountant with designations such as the Certified Public Accountant. Find out about the recruitment cycle, including what you need to do this Summer. Gain an insider’s perspective on how to prepare and break into the field – directly from accounting professionals. Especially important for Accounting Minor students.
Reserve your space today on Port Triton!
Hosted by: Career Services Center, Rady School of Management, Department of Economics, and Undergraduate Accounting Society
Sponsored by: DriveCam, Grant Thornton, KPMG, and Ernst & Young