The Academic Enrichment Programs (AEP) is hosting a one-day Community College Symposium on Friday, May 19th (8am-4:30pm @ UC San Diego Qualcomm Institute).
We are currently seeking volunteers for this exciting event.
The purpose of the symposium is to expose community college students to the diverse areas of research in all departments at UC San Diego. Students from Community Colleges in the San Diego area will attend. The day will include research talks by faculty members and students, poster session by students, roundtable discussions, and tours.
Here is how you can help:
- Poster presenter: Are you currently doing research? Present your research at our poster session!
- Roundtable panelist: Are you currently doing research or enjoy discussing research? Take part in an interactive exchange with community college students. UCSD students will be paired with CC students during lunch to discuss the faculty talks, poster sessions, and their research.
- General volunteer: We are seeking volunteers to help with event day setup and facilitation. Volunteers can sign up for available shifts.
This is a great opportunity to hear about research in various fields and engage in exchange experiences with students from different colleges. If you are interested in volunteering in any way, please sign up volunteercc2ucsd.eventbrite.com. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Subject: A Local Affair: Government and Non-profit Networking at UCSD
You are invited to join the Associated Students Office of Local Affairs in an afternoon of networking with local government and non-profit offices.
Please join us to learn about these organizations and possible volunteer, internship, or employment opportunities.
Confirmed participants include:
|Chris Ward for City Council
|Feeding America San Diego
|San Diego Youth Services
|City of San Diego, Performance & Analytics Department
|UC Center Sacramento
|California State Senator Joel Anderson
|Office of Assembly Member Shirley Weber
|Barbara Bry for SD City Council District 1
|Ray Ellis for SD City Council District 1
|Community Health Improvement Partners
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Location: The Loft at Price Center
When: Wednesday, April 6th 3 PM – 4 PM, immediately following the Spring Career Fair
UCSD’s Students for Marco Rubio chapter is now accepting applicants for a number of internship openings including a spot for chapter president and spots for field researchers, finance directors, and outreach coordinators.
While the internship is unpaid, it provides a wealth of benefits such as:
- Valuable work experience
- A pathway to future opportunities in politics, communications, or economics/finance
- An opportunity to serve your country
- Incentives for consistent good work
Field researchers will conduct polls and build profiles on prospective donors. Finance directors will assist us in our fundraising goals. Outreach coordinators will serve as the frontline for our recruitment efforts.
This internship opportunity is available to all students.
If interested, please fill out this form
February 10-12, 2015
Hyatt Regency Century Plaza
Los Angeles, CA
Volunteers Needed for 3-Day Digital Media Conference
We’re currently on the search for some volunteers for this 3-day event. We need assistance monitoring the lounges, rooms and lines as well as scanning name badges. The volunteer dates are Tuesday, February 10 – Wednesday, February 12. You can choose to volunteer one, two, or all three days.
In exchange for your help, we will provide a lunch voucher and a parking voucher. You will also be able to check out the conference and network with top digital media executives in the mobile, music, games, video, and publishing industries.
If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability.
About Digital Entertainment World:
This February 10-12, Digital Media Wire and IDG World Expo’s DEW Expo is returning to Los Angeles. The three-day event brings together leading industry executives from games, music, video and publishing to discuss, deliberate, debate and celebrate the issues, opportunities and successes driving the digital entertainment industry. Digital Entertainment World is changing the way content owners, enabling technology providers, digital distribution platforms and CE manufacturers meet and engage. From digital content creation to monetization, Digital Entertainment World is where you want to be if you are in the business of creating or monetizing digital entertainment content.
The TMC/CREATE Partnership School Program is seeking volunteers to work at the two UCSD partnership school sites winter quarter: The Preuss School UCSD (http://preuss.ucsd.edu/) and Gompers Preparatory Academy (http://gompersprep.org/).
Program participants support students in grades 6-12 at high-needs charter schools, where educators are utilizing innovative and effective methods of shaping positive outcomes for low-income, first-generation college-bound youth.
Benefits of the Program:
- Invaluable hands-on experience
- Earn 4 units by enrolling in TMC 198 (Enrollment not required to participate)
- Satisfies Marshall Upper Division Disciplinary Breadth & Sixth College Practicum!
- Use course and/or program to bolster your applications for post-undergraduate work
- Looks good on ANY kind of application (med school, law school, journalism, etc.)
- Opportunity to give back to the San Diego community.
By participating in the program you are:
- Helping low-income, highly motivated youths achieve their goals of attending a higher institution
- Providing students valuable insight on your college experience
Open to all majors and college affiliation!
- Tutoring alongside classroom educator
- Internship opportunities in counseling/advisement, student services, special education, administrative assistance, and health.
Applications due by Wednesday of Week 2, January 14, 2015.
Want to learn more before applying?
- Info-session: Monday, January 12, 3-4PM @ Marshall College Room (located 2nd floor PC)
- Joint info-session with Marshall’s Partnership Schools Program, ERC’s Math Tutor Corps, and Muir’s College Academic Mentoring Program (CAMP). Light refreshments will be provided.
For more information: http://marshall.ucsd.edu/programs/partnership-schools-program.html
If you have any questions or would like to enroll in the TMC 198 course, please contact Angela Fang at email@example.com.
Volunteers Needed for Nonprofit Fast Pitch Competition
Modeled on “fast pitch” venture capital funding competitions, Advance San Diego helps nonprofit organizations define their impacts, powerfully communicate their visions, and raise more funds as a result. The final event on October 8th will spotlight the 13 finalists as they deliver their 3 minute pitches to a live audience for the chance to win cash awards totaling $87,500.
This is a great opportunity to hear from a wide variety of nonprofits impacting our community, and to see examples of high quality pitches. You will also have the opportunity to meet SVP staff and Partners, who are deeply engaged in the philanthropic community of San Diego.
October 8th, 3:45-9:00pm*
*Guests arrive at 5pm, but we ask volunteers to arrive promptly at 3:45 pm.
Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego, 700 Prospect St. La Jolla, CA 92037
If interested, please contact Craig Schmidt: firstname.lastname@example.org