VISA are seeking additional candidates for 3 open full time positions to start immediately:
Happy job hunting!!
Department of Economics
Don’t miss the Triton Winter Career Fair, recruiting students and alumni from all majors for all position types!
Please use the following link to register for the fair: https://career.ucsd.edu/triton-fairs/winter-fair.html
On behalf of the Department of Economics at the University of Texas at Austin, we invite your students to apply to our one-year Master’s program. Our terminal M.A. Economics degree offers a 10-month, 10-course curriculum for students seeking rigorous training in economic theory and analytical methods; 18 and 24-month program tracks are also available.
The program is suitable for students with any of the following goals:
- Obtaining the background in economics and mathematics required to gain admission to a high-quality economics PhD program
- Qualifying for jobs in the private or government sector that require greater expertise in economic, analytical, and statistical tools than provided by an undergraduate degree
- Studying economics as a complementary field to another area of expertise (law, political science, public health, statistics, energy, etc.)
An undergraduate degree in Economics is not required for applicants. A strong quantitative background, along with some exposure to economics courses, is expected. Successful applicants will have taken multivariate calculus and preferably linear algebra.
Our application deadline is March 1, 2018, and classes begin in July 2018. Our website provides detailed program information including application instructions, course descriptions, syllabi, a profile of our current class, and student testimonials.
If you wish to learn more, please register for our virtual information session, Thursday, November 16, at 6pm CST, available online athttps://ma.eco.utexas.edu/virtual-information-session/. You are also encouraged to contact us directly at email@example.com you have any questions about the program.
Please take a look at the brochure below:
UT Economics MA Program Brochure
The Ohio State University Journal of Politics & International Affairs (JPIA) is seeking qualified student submissions to be published in the Fall 2017 issue.
JPIA is a student-run journal that publishes papers written by undergraduate students in the areas of Political Science, International Studies, Economics, Public Affairs, Sociology, and related fields. Publication in the Journal is an opportunity to reach a wider audience outside of the class, as well as a learning experience through the editing and feedback process.
We seek to publish high quality papers that address current events and relevant subjects in the area of politics and international affairs. Ideal submissions are both informative and argumentative, with well-developed theses and strong mechanics.
The Journal typically publishes original research, theses, and essays written for upper-level courses although all majors and class ranks are invited.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, we highly encourage you to submit a paper for publication on our website at http://u.osu.edu/jpia/submit-manuscript/.
The deadline is October 13th, 2017, and submissions are reviewed on a rolling basis. We have recently updated our submission guidelines, which can be found here: http://u.osu.edu/jpia/submission-guidelines/, and ask you to carefully review them before submitting.
The Department of Economics hosts EconUGBlog to provide information on undergraduate student events and job/internship opportunities related to economics.
EconUGBlog is an Internet resource intended to promote events such as:
- Upcoming student organization events
- Internship and job opportunities
- Other undergraduate student/department events relevant to the Department of Economics
The blog also provides a list of useful links and archives past events and opportunities for readers to browse and comment.
To view Department of Economics News & Events (such as seminars and research publications information) please visit our News & Event page.
Comments on EconUGBlog are welcome. All comments are moderated and will not appear until they’ve been approved. Nearly all comments on topic will be approved, given they adhere to the UCSD Principles of Community and and ACS’s Acceptable Use Policy.
Frontier Group uses the power of ideas and information to achieve a cleaner environment and a fairer and more democratic society.
We produce timely, high-quality research reports on the nation’s pressing challenges: environmental protection, sustainable energy, good government and more. We help shape effective public policy strategies that address those problems. And we work to make sure the public and decision-makers hear our message through the media.
As a policy associate, you will:
- Write compelling reports on social problems and solutions, using a variety of methodologies including literature reviews and data analysis.
- Help advocates in the field craft a message that will change minds, spur action and generate media attention.
- Write op-eds, blog entries and journal articles that insert our findings into the public debate.
- Participate in trainings, presentations and panels.
- Learn the skills of canvassing and managing a fundraising operation, and run a canvass office for a partner organization during the summer months.
- Learn recruiting skills and participate in recruiting new Frontier Group staff
Location: Denver, CO, Boston, MA, and Santa Barbara, CA
Apply Today! Go to http://workforprogress.org/apply/?pos=Policy+Associate&org=Frontier+Group&id=101 to submit a resume, cover letter with references, and writing sample. In your cover letter, please be sure to mention where you saw our job advertised and what location you are interested in.