Donald A. Strauss Scholarship for Public Service
$10,000 award for a 1-year public service project (April 2017-April 2018)
Due: February 8, 2017
-current UC San Diego undergraduate “sophomore” or “junior” (has 1-2 years left before graduating)
-demonstrated interest in public service
-outstanding leadership potential
-GPA in upper 1/3 of his or her class
-innovative, original public service proposal
How to apply:
-Read the website to make sure you’re eligible: http://www.straussfoundation.org/applicants/guidelines.php
-Speak with 3 letter of recommendation writers ASAP who can speak to your ability to carry out the project or are well acquainted with your academic work
-Make an appointment to speak with the University Nominator: Dr. David Artis through his assistant, Charity Kunold (Ckunold@ucsd.edu). Please let her know you’re applying to the “Strauss Scholarship”
Application materials must include:
-official transcript from all colleges attended
-Three letters of recommendation
-application summary (see website: http://www.straussfoundation.org/applicants/how-to-apply/index.php)
-one-page personal essay
-project proposal (up to 4 pages, double-spaced)
-signed acceptance agreement (see website: http://www.straussfoundation.org/applicants/how-to-apply/index.php)
Contact the National Competitive Scholarships coordinator– Dr. Sophia Tsai (email@example.com, 858-534-9014)
Dear Undergraduate Economic Students,
The following scholarships are available through the UCSD online simple-to-complete application.
Due Date: Monday, February 6, 2017, 11:59 pm
Cambon Family Alumni Scholarship ($2,000)
- 3.0+ GPA
- Economics Majors
- Financial Need
- Campus or community service/leadership
JAY ’93 Scholarship ($1,500)
- 3.75+ GPA
- Economics Majors
- Financial Need
- Preference for – but not required:
- Students from Los Angeles County
How To Submit an Application
- Enter your user ID and Password
- Under Financial Tools, click Financial Aid
- Click 2017-2018 Academic Year Scholarships, then click on two sign in boxes/screens to get to the application.
- Changes can be made up to the deadline
Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (858) 822-6427.
Financial Aid and Scholarships Office
If you are looking for a fully-funded Ph.D. in the social sciences, then take a look at the European University Institute. Our call for Ph.D. applications is now open.
The EUI offers fully-funded four-year Ph.D.s, with approximately 150 scholarships available that cover tuition fees and provide a monthly grant. Our well-structured programs enable original research in several disciplines: Economics, Law, and Political Science.
The Women’s Transportation Seminar (WTS) is a national organization of transportation professionals with more than 5,000 members who are committed to excellence in the transportation industry.
The scholarships are competitive and based on the applicant’s specific transportation involvement and goals, job skills and academic record. Please reference individual applications for high school, community college, undergraduate and graduate scholarship specific criteria. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply. The minimum criteria for selection are as follows:
• Open to women only
• GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Currently enrolled or planning to enroll in a degree program in a transportation-related field, such as transportation engineering or planning, security planning, business management, finance or logistics with a focus on public policy
• Plans to pursue a career in a transportation-related field
• Demonstrated interest in addressing transportation studies issue(s) or plans to pursue a career in a transportation-related field
• Submission of a personal statement highlighting candidate’s interest in transportation/related field, relevant experiences and interests; and how this award will contribute to the candidate’s ability to make a meaningful contribution in the transportation arena.
• Letter of recommendation by a teacher/professor or job supervisor
Scholarship applications are available for download at:
Note that the copy of the applicant’s transcript does not need to be sent through traditional mail. The transcript and all other materials should be submitted electronically. Please complete the application, scan the entire application packet (including attachments) and send as a PDF document to: email@example.com
Applications must be scanned and e-mailed to the Scholarship Committee no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, September 19, 2016.