Internship Term: Summer 2018
Talent Brand Intern
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2018. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind – one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
- Plan content strategy for intern program that includes social & editorial assets (video/pictures/ interviews)
- Manage intern Instagram stories take overs, identify ambassadors, and train interns interested in participating
- Launch Life@Blizzard Snap channel- run strategy and channel
- Interview interns through our internship program, highlighting their experiences, write blog posts
- Work with cross-functional partners to activate assets (PR/editorial/Talent Attraction/Talent & Organizational Development)
- LinkedIn: build out content for 5 specific disciplines to share via LinkedIn
- Create Instagram stories
- Snap: incorporate little life at blizzard culture weaved throughout intern events
- Tweet chats for high volume opening disciplines
Learn & Grow
- Work with Talent & Organizational Development team to capture content suitable for sharing that tells the story of how this Blizzard core value comes to life on campus
- Capture stories about how we invest in development of interns and more broadly
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or planning to enroll in Fall 2017
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2018 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2018 – August 2018 or June 2018 – September 2018 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Creative:You can write your own content, you are a competent writer and proofreader
- Proactive: We want you to see around the curve, what else should we be focusing on in the future
- Resourceful: You are good at finding answers and solving problems
- Collaborative: You love to collaborate and teach people how to tell a great story
- Social Media Native: You speak fluent Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Snapchat
- You have a passion for telling stories about companies, culture, and talent.
- You have a desire to use your writing skills and creative abilities to help bring our job opportunities/disciplines to life
- You are comfortable interviewing employees, writing/editing testimonials, drafting social media content, and dabbling in creative design
- Graphic design experience preferred
- Cover Letter
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
They are recruiting for this position from just a few schools, UCSD included, so all interested students need to do is to email Ellen Einkauf their resume and covering letter directly. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you so much and I hope your students take advantage of this opportunity.