To encourage undergraduate interest in economic issues, Barry Eichengreen,President, and Ann Harrison, Vice-President, of the International Atlantic Economic Society cordially invite students to compete in the IAES annual undergraduate paper competition in Montreal this October. The winner of the student competition will receive:
- a $500 check
- a handsome commemorative plaque recognizing their accomplishment
complimentary publication of the paper in the Atlantic Economic Journal
To be considered for this competition, all entries must follow the guidelines below:
1. The paper must conform to AEJ manuscript style instructions, be 10 – 20 pages in length including tables, and be submitted in MS Word format. Papers not following these guidelines will be rejected.
2. Submit the paper to email@example.com by June 15, 2017 with the subject line: “Best Undergraduate Paper Competition – Last Name of Student”. Please send the paper in a Microsoft Word document. PDF files are NOT acceptable. Title page must include: (a) full name of student; (b) affiliation; (c) e-mail address; and (d) phone number.
3. Include an e-mail from the Department Chair certifying: (a) that the paper was written while the author was an undergraduate; (b) that the department will sponsor the student’s hotel and travel if the student is selected as a finalist; and (c) that the paper has not been submitted for publication elsewhere.
Regarding item 3 above, if the Department Chair is unable to sponsor student travel occurring after graduation, provide a separate letter from an alternative sponsor (Department Chair of the graduate program in which the student will be enrolled at the time of the conference or employer after graduation) specifying that the department or employer will sponsor the student’s hotel and travel if the student is selected as a finalist.
4. Up to four finalists will be notified of their selectionby August 25, 2017. Finalists will be required to make a formal presentation on Saturday afternoon, October 7, at the Montreal conference. Conference fees for all finalists will be waived.
5. Finalists will be judged on both presentation and content. A panel of judges will announce the winning paper after the presentations.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or Professor Gary E. Clayton, Best Undergraduate Paper Coordinator, Northern Kentucky University, E-mail: email@example.com, Phone: 859-572-6542.
If you are selected as a finalist, the Department of Economics at UC San Diego will pay for lodging and transportation costs!