Cheiron, an actuarial consulting firm, seeks talented intern candidates to cultivate into future pension and/or health consultants. Our client base consists primarily of large pension and health & welfare plans. Cheiron’s ongoing national expansion has created opportunities at our headquarters in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, as well as at other U.S. locations (such as San Diego!). Our growth stems from our strong reputation and client demand for our unique services, including our modeling tools and technology. Explore our website for more information at cheiron.us.
Internship Duties/Responsibilities (on-the job training provided):
1) Develop general understanding of Pension/Health regulations.
2) Become familiar with basic rules, benefit calculations, and plan documents.
3) Validate and reconcile participant/member data.
4) Develop understanding of valuation and/or pricing systems and results.
5) Draft pension/health valuation reports and/or update existing documents for new results.
6) Continue to make steady progress on passing the actuarial exams to attain FSA and EA
actuarial designations (applicable for permanent position candidates).
The ideal candidate should have passed at least one actuarial exam for an intern position (two exams for an entry-level permanent position), have strong communication skills, be majoring in UCSD’s math, economics, or other degree related to actuarial science, and possess an eagerness to learn.We are currently looking for one intern for our San Diego office (located in Solana Beach, CA) for the summer of 2017. Internship start and end dates are flexible around your class schedule. The internship is full-time, Monday through Friday, and paid depending on experience and qualifications.
Resumes are being accepted online now or in person at this year’s November 7th informational session on campus.
Interviews for selected candidates will be held shortly thereafter. Please submit your resume with relevant actuarial exams and course information, as well as any other experience, skills, and qualifications to email@example.com.