The Women’s Transportation Seminar (WTS) is a national organization of transportation professionals with more than 5,000 members who are committed to excellence in the transportation industry.
The scholarships are competitive and based on the applicant’s specific transportation involvement and goals, job skills and academic record. Please reference individual applications for high school, community college, undergraduate and graduate scholarship specific criteria. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply. The minimum criteria for selection are as follows:
• Open to women only
• GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Currently enrolled or planning to enroll in a degree program in a transportation-related field, such as transportation engineering or planning, security planning, business management, finance or logistics with a focus on public policy
• Plans to pursue a career in a transportation-related field
• Demonstrated interest in addressing transportation studies issue(s) or plans to pursue a career in a transportation-related field
• Submission of a personal statement highlighting candidate’s interest in transportation/related field, relevant experiences and interests; and how this award will contribute to the candidate’s ability to make a meaningful contribution in the transportation arena.
• Letter of recommendation by a teacher/professor or job supervisor
Scholarship applications are available for download at:
Note that the copy of the applicant’s transcript does not need to be sent through traditional mail. The transcript and all other materials should be submitted electronically. Please complete the application, scan the entire application packet (including attachments) and send as a PDF document to: email@example.com
Applications must be scanned and e-mailed to the Scholarship Committee no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, September 19, 2016.