Quorum Consulting is a fast-growing consulting firm, providing strategic, health economics, pricing, and reimbursement services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and diagnostics companies. Located in San Francisco, our services range from early concept pre-commercialization marketing strategies to working with managed care organizations and public health insurers to develop policies affecting the use and payment of our clients’ novel therapies or diagnostics.
The Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) group at Quorum conducts assessments aimed at defining the need for – and the cost and value of – novel and emerging medical technologies from varied stakeholder perspectives in the US and international settings. Research initiatives include evaluations of clinical disease burden, financial impact, cost-effectiveness, and patient outcomes through database and modelled analyses.
This paid, full-time (40 hours per week) internship aims to provide a rich learning experience in health economics and outcomes research, and on the evidence needed to support emerging healthcare technologies. The expected program duration is approximately 10-12 weeks over the summer. Interns will contribute to active HEOR projects through the following:
- Review and analyze scientific literature
- Evaluate data for analyses (e.g., cost, cost-benefit, disease burden)
- Develop medical/technical writing skills
- Develop understanding of, discuss, and critique health economics analyses
- Present and communicate scientific research information and implications
- Working towards a degree in life sciences, economics, public health, pharmacy, or other related field
- Strong interest in healthcare, health economic, and/or life sciences industries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Experience with quantitative analyses and scientific research
- Superior working knowledge of MS Office suite
- GPA is 3.2 or higher
- Knowledge of statistics and/or programming
Candidates must have authorization to work in the US.
Send the following documents to email@example.com with subject line “Summer Intern”:
1. Cover letter
1. (Scientific / technical) writing sample
2. Unofficial transcript
* These documents may be requested at a later date. If they are immediately available, sending them with the initial application may expedite the process.