Full-Time Research Associate Opportunities
The Economic Research Department at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is recruiting for the position of Research Associate.
Key Activities Include:
- Assisting Ph.D. economists on academic research projects and monetary policy briefings.
- Gathering and analyzing data, programming economic models, and preparing charts for presentations on economic and financial conditions.
- More experienced Research Associates participate in econometric or theoretical research, write for Bank publications, and deliver speeches to civic and educational groups.
These are excellent positions for someone considering a Ph.D. in economics. Research Associates develop technical skills and are exposed to a broad range of economic research topics. Most Research Associates stay with the department for two to three years, at which point many return to graduate school. In recent years, Research Associates have gone on to Ph.D. programs at Stanford University, University of Chicago, New York University, University of Minnesota, Boston College, and Johns Hopkins University.
Required Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics or a closely related field, such as statistics, computer science, or mathematics.
- Coursework or experience in econometrics, math, statistics, statistical software packages, and macroeconomic modeling is highly desirable.
- Strong academic record.
- High proficiency with personal computers and spreadsheet software.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Click here to apply for “Research Associate.”
- Please attach a resume, cover letter and unofficial transcript copy.
- Only US citizens and citizens of Canada and Mexico who qualify for the TN visa will be considered. Foreign students with only Optional Practical Training are not eligible.
- Please apply between Oct 5, 2015 and Nov 30, 2015 to be considered. We will review applications on a rolling basis, so applying early is recommended.