Altegris is a pre-eminent provider of alternative investments. Our mission is to find the best alternative investment managers and bring them to our clients through alternative mutual funds, private funds, and futures managed accounts. Our suite of products is sold through the intermediary channel, including wirehouses, independent broker/dealers, bank trusts, and registered investment advisors. We also have a robust Private Client Group that works directly with high net worth individuals and family offices. We pride ourselves on our people and are strongly committed to our company motto: Trusted Alternatives. Intelligent Investing.
Altegris is searching for talented, motivated Interns to be part of our Research team. The right candidate must have the temperament to thrive in our high-velocity, demanding business culture and enjoy interacting with high-octane, committed co-workers who enjoy working together, value collaboration, and are passionate about providing our clients with access to what we believe are some of the best investment managers in the alternatives industry.
- Data formatting, scrubbing and entry
- Working with spreadsheet and databases, including:
- Identifying duplicate records and cleaning them up
- Searching contacts on external websites to find, update and verify data
- Verifying data and completing projects via cross-departmental collaboration
- Organizing files
- Providing “white-glove” service to internal and external customers
- Printing and aggregating materials for meetings
- Handling various administrative tasks
- Attention to detail
- Accuracy in data input
- Organizational abilities
- Customer service orientation
- Strong ability to:
- Take initiative
- Work both independently and take direction
- Work and thrive in a team environment, including working collaboratively with others
- Perform successfully under pressure and meet deadlines
- Software versatility
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Word and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Adept at learning new software
- Work experience
- An interest in financial services
This is a part-time position (10-20 hours/week) during the school year and full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer. Compensation = $12/hour.
Altegris prides itself on its people. We are looking for entrepreneurial, motivated team members and are committed to providing an environment where our employees can excel. We invite you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.