COLUMBIA BUSINESS SCHOOL
OFFICE OF THE DEAN
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (Multiple openings)
Columbia Business School seeks to recruit several full-time Research Associates (RAs) for the Office of the Dean to assist with faculty research in the Accounting, Decision Risk & Operations (DRO), Finance and Economics (F&E), Management, and Marketing divisions.
Under the guidance of Columbia Business School faculty, the RA will take an active role in on-going research projects in various stages from conception through publication. The work may include, but is not limited to: quantitative and qualitative research and analysis, coordination and management of information and data, development of teaching materials, and work on special projects.
This position provides an opportunity to gain experience in academic or business research, with a special focus on fields such as accounting, finance, statistics, operations, risk management, and would be ideal preparation for a PhD program or other graduate study.
Minimum 2 year commitment required.
This position offers salary commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and excellent benefits. For further information, visit http://hr.columbia.edu/benefits.
Job Duties may include:
- Develop models and implement program code (STATA, R, SAS, Matlab, , etc.).
- Perform statistical analysis, including regression analysis.
- Collect, clean, and maintain computer data sets and databases. Assist with data entry and ensure data integrity. Extract and link data from multiple databases for analysis. Prepare detailed documentation.
- Assist with data analysis and dissemination of findings through the preparation of reports, journal articles, presentations, web sites, and other research outlets.
- Perform case-based research, including work with detailed primary documents.
- Assist in the organization of research programs including conferences, seminars and workshops, and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Prepare presentations for teaching and research projects.
- Monitor the status of multiple projects and ensure that interim and final deadlines are met.