Undergraduate scholarship opportunities now available:
- Beinecke Scholarship:The Beinecke Scholarship awards up to $34,000 to undergraduates planning on pursuing an advanced degree in the arts, humanities, or social sciences.
- Contact: Dr. David Artis (email@example.com)
- UCSD deadline: February 9, 2015
- Requirements include:
- U.S. citizen
- Graduating with bachelor’s degree between December 2015 and August 2016
- Financial need as verified by UCSD’s Financial Aid Office
- 3.6 GPA
- Plans for advanced degree in the arts, humanities, or social sciences (graduate study in neuroscience does not qualify)
- Details: See the website (http://fdnweb.org/beinecke/).
- The UCSD Undergraduate Research Scholarships offer several scholarships in a variety of fields with award amounts of up to $4000 for undergraduates working on research projects over the summer. Students who apply must propose to work on a specific research project and may not graduate before Fall of 2015. For a list of the scholarships and details on the application process and requirements, please see the URS webpage. The scholarships are limited to US citizens, permanent residents, and Dream Act eligible/AB540 students. Student applications are due February 9, 2015. The contact person for the scholarships is Dr. Sophia Tsai, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (858) 534-9014
- The UC Scholars Program is open to UCSD students in any major who are interested in pursuing a PhD. This program does NOT require students to be US residents or citizens, so international students are welcome to apply. The program runs for 8 weeks and provides students with housing, a $2800 stipend, free GRE classes, and 30 hours of mentored research a week. During the 8 weeks the program runs, students in this program may not receive any other funding for the project or take any other classes. The application period closes on February 18th, 2015 at 10am. For more information and to apply, see the UC Scholars webpage. Please contact Karen Van Ness, at kvanness@ucsd,edu or (858) 534-5791.