The TMC/CREATE Partnership School Program is seeking volunteers to work at the two UCSD partnership school sites winter quarter: The Preuss School UCSD (http://preuss.ucsd.edu/) and Gompers Preparatory Academy (http://gompersprep.org/).
Program participants support students in grades 6-12 at high-needs charter schools, where educators are utilizing innovative and effective methods of shaping positive outcomes for low-income, first-generation college-bound youth.
Benefits of the Program:
- Invaluable hands-on experience
- Earn 4 units by enrolling in TMC 198 (Enrollment not required to participate)
- Satisfies Marshall Upper Division Disciplinary Breadth & Sixth College Practicum!
- Use course and/or program to bolster your applications for post-undergraduate work
- Looks good on ANY kind of application (med school, law school, journalism, etc.)
- Opportunity to give back to the San Diego community.
By participating in the program you are:
- Helping low-income, highly motivated youths achieve their goals of attending a higher institution
- Providing students valuable insight on your college experience
Open to all majors and college affiliation!
- Tutoring alongside classroom educator
- Internship opportunities in counseling/advisement, student services, special education, administrative assistance, and health.
Applications due by Wednesday of Week 2, January 14, 2015.
Want to learn more before applying?
- Info-session: Monday, January 12, 3-4PM @ Marshall College Room (located 2nd floor PC)
- Joint info-session with Marshall’s Partnership Schools Program, ERC’s Math Tutor Corps, and Muir’s College Academic Mentoring Program (CAMP). Light refreshments will be provided.
For more information: http://marshall.ucsd.edu/programs/partnership-schools-program.html
If you have any questions or would like to enroll in the TMC 198 course, please contact Angela Fang at firstname.lastname@example.org.