Paid Intern Position
Assist with building and maintaining San Diego’s first online Caregiver Database. Position may lead to a permanent Marketing and Business Operations position.
SDCaregiver.com is the first online matching service to help elderly people find safe, qualified caregivers. We are looking for someone who is passionate and brings positive, good energy. You will gain excellent experience in business operations. You will provide support and implement sales and marketing activities and projects that are focused on recruiting, database management, direct e-commerce, post sales tracking and follow up, trade show/event post follow up sales, and lead generation activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruiting & Onboarding – post ads for craigslist, monitor phone calls, conduct telephone pre-screening interviews, schedule and conduct in person interviews, complete background screening checks for selected candidates. Review applications for open positions, organize training programs and conduct pre-hire orientations
- Staffing – utilize database program for the scheduling and staffing of all caregiving shifts, matching employee skills and characteristics with the needs of our clients; verify hours worked using employee time-tracking software, manage employee time-off requests, participate in on-call/after hours and weekend staffing assistance as scheduled.
- Maintain and regularly audit personnel files, ensuring compliance.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Employee relations, providing support to Care Managers on personnel issue
- Coordinate internal employee communications.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Enter new hire information into database(s) ensuring system records are accurately recorded, update staff changes in database as needed.
- Flexibility to learn and change along with an evolving department is key.
- Ability to be creative with ideas to improve sales and process
Office or Sales experience, preferably in Human Resources or Sales or a related field. Human Resources and/or staffing experience, preferably in a health care setting is a plus. Possess the Ability to maintain confidentiality and a high level of professionalism.
Additional Skills Needed
Successful candidates should possess strong proficiency in computer/internet use, including Microsoft Office applications and Outlook.
Ability and knowledge to “sell” our product to In-Home Care companies and other outside customers, as well as address competitive issues.
Bilingual in Spanish is a plus, but not required.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Resumes submitted without a cover letter may not be considered. No phone calls, please.
Please send resume and cover letter. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. Tell us why you would be the best intern in the world!