Recruitment for 2015 Accounting Jobs & Internships starts this July. RSVP for the Summer Accounting Recruitment Readiness Workshops sponsored by the Big 4 Accounting Firms. These workshops are designed to help you transform yourself into the accounting-ready professional that large and mid-size firms are seeking and help you gain a competitive edge for the 2014-2015 accounting recruiting season (see important dates below).
Attend one of the all NEW recruitment readiness workshops and learn how to:
- Quickly and effectively communicate a clear professional objective in a way that meets a firm’s need;
- Share relevant experience in a clear, concise, and compelling way (and connect it to their targeted position);
- Carry an initial conversation with a firm associate or partner;
- Begin and end a conversation with a firm handshake and great eye contact.
- Enjoy a comfortable connection to you and your firm before Firm Tours (recruitment) begin
The workshops will take place on the following dates from 3-4:30 p.m. at the Career Services Center Horizon Room and will be co-facilitated by the following Big 4 Accounting Firms:
- Tuesday, July 8 – PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Tuesday, July 15 – Ernst &Young
- Tuesday, July 22 – Deloitte
- Thursday, July 24 – KPMG
Attend as many of these workshops as you would like! RSVP through Port Triton today!
Important Dates – Mark Your Calendars!
- Starting in July – Polish cover letter and resume; get it critiqued at the Career Services Center; and apply for Office Tours on Port Triton
- July 8, 15, 22, 24, from 3-4:30 p.m. – Attend Accounting Recruiting Readiness Workshops at the Career Services Center, Horizon Room
- Starting in August – Apply on Port Triton for Summer 2015 internship positions and Fall 2015 full-time positions*
- Monday, August 18 – Firm Office Tours begin
- Starting week of September 29 – Apply for on-campus interviews*
- Sometime between October 1-October 10 (TBA) – Attend the Meet the Firms Prep Workshop
- Wednesday, October 8 – Deadline to submit resumes for Meet the Firms Resume Book*
- Thursday, October 16, from 6-8 p.m. – Attend Meet the Firms at Price Center East Ballroom
- Monday, October 20-Friday, November 7 – On-Campus Interviews for internship and full-time positions*
- Friday, November 14 – First date for employers extend offer for full-time and summer internships
- Wednesday, November 26 -Sunday, November 30 – Quiet Period for Southern California offices: No calls or meetings with students allowed!
- Monday, December 1 – Offer acceptance deadline goal for full-time and internships
- Tuesday, December 2-Thursday, January 1 – Quiet Period for Southern California offices: No calls or meetings with students allowed!
*Before submitting resumes, application materials, or interviewing, consider connecting with a UCSD Career Advisor (appointments via Port Triton) or with alumni through the Alumni Advisor Network: career.ucsd.edu