Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Applications for WI14 now being accepted:
An Undergraduate Instructional Apprentice (UIA) is an upper-division student who serves as a teaching assistant in an undergraduate course under the supervision of a faculty member. Students earn credit by enrolling in Econ 195. Experienced UIAs might qualify for a paid position.
Minimum requirements for being a UIA
- Completion of at least 90 units of course work at UC San Diego (if you are a transfer student, your transfer units are included)
- Completion of at least six upper-division Economics classes, including the relevant core courses
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 in Economics major coursework (including lower division), and minimum overall GPA of 3.3
- Completion of the course to which you are applying
- Achievement of an “A” or better in the requested lower division course
- Achievement of an “A” or better for the requested upper division course and course prerequisites as well as other courses in the sequence
Application for Winter Quarter 2014
- Will be accepted for review beginning 11/6/13 (WI14 schedule available on TritonLink beginning 11/1/13)
- Must be completed by 11/17/13. To apply:
- Complete the online application (requires online login). Link to the application on Department website
- Note: while faculty preferences and academic records are taken into account, neither are dispositive when it comes to assignments. Other factors (such as availability and scheduling) are also taken into account
- Students required to meet with Tutor Coordinator prior any course assignment
If you have any questions regarding the UIA application or process, please contact the Tutor Coordinator.