The Regional Affairs Department at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is recruiting for the position of Research Associate.
Key Activities Include:
- Assisting Ph.D. and senior staff economists on academic research projects, monetary policy briefings and public presentations.
- Gathering and analyzing data, programming economic models, performing basic econometric and statistical analysis, conducting literature searches, preparing charts for presentations on economic and financial conditions, writing summaries of economic and financial conditions, and drafting other reports and memos.
These are excellent positions for someone considering a Ph.D. in economics or a career in research and policy.
Research Associates develop technical skills and are exposed to a broad range of economic research topics.
Positions available in Oklahoma City and Kansas City.
Required Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics or a closely related field.
- Strong academic record.
- High proficiency with personal computers and spreadsheet software and programming.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Coursework or experience in econometrics, math, statistics, statistical software packages, and macroeconomic modeling is highly desirable.
- Click here to apply.
- Please attach a resume, cover letter and unofficial transcript copy.
- This position is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship.
- Applications will be pre-screened prior to interview selections. You will receive notification if you have been selected to for a phone interview.
For more information on the Regional Affairs Department and the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, please visit us on the web at http://www.kansascityfed.org/