Summer Business Program
The 4-week Certificate Program for Non-Business Undergraduates
Session Dates: July 8 – August 2, 2013
USC Marshall School of Business offers this intensive 4-week program designed to allow talented non-business students an opportunity to gain critical and essential business skills in order to achieve a clear advantage in today’s competitive job market. After all, at any point in your career your job will require some form of business thinking and knowledge.
Overall, this program will provide the following general learning objectives:
- Gain essential knowledge of business strategy, managerial accounting, finance, marketing and management of organizations
- Understand the complex nature of business decision-making and the interaction between the disciplines
- Learn effective leadership skills
- Enhance presentation skills and demeanor
- Get insight from guest speakers
- Visit companies exhibiting best practices in their industries
Who Should Apply
This four-week program is designed only for recent college graduates and college juniors or seniors in non-business majors (e.g. liberal arts, sciences, engineering, and economics majors).
Taught by USC Marshall School of Business Faculty
This program is brought to you by the internationally ranked USC Marshall School of Business. All courses in the Summer Business Program are taught by a team USC Marshall faculty.
Those who successfully complete the program through attendance and final project participation will earn a USC Summer Business Program certificate of completion. This certificate indicates to potential employers that you have mastered the essentials of the “hard skills” of business. Certificates are awarded based on active attendance and participation as well as mastery of the material.
Residential Tuition: $9,500
(Includes program tuition, on-campus lodging and on-campus meal plan)
Commuter Tuition: $7,500
(Includes program tuition and on-campus lunch)